Monday, April 2, 2012

Chicksters Chapter One

Annabelle
Chapter One



With one last look in the mirror, a quick brush of her chestnut hair and a tug on her green top Annabelle was running out of her room. “Hey, Timmy, can you give me a ride to school? I’m running late!” Says 16 year old Annabelle loudly. “Yeah, you just caught me.” Says 18 year old Timmy. “Here is your lunch money, guys.” Their dad smiles as they walk out the front door. “I can’t believe this is your last year at Chickster High, Timmy.” Says Annabelle as she starts to cry. “I know, sis. I know.” Says Timmy.
 The bell started to ring once Timmy packed the car and Annabelle was flying out the door and shouts “Thanks for the lift.” Once she got to her seat the teacher glares and says “Nice of you to join us, Miss Annabelle.” The math teacher then turned to his lesson. A note swooshed on to Annabelle’s desk. It was from her best friend Ashley:

Hey, Annabelle, do you what to go to the upcoming prom with me and Jake.
 Ashley

Looking down at the note she turned to Ashley and wrote back
I’ll think about it.
               Annabelle

When the third period was over Annabelle went to the school news paper office to get her assignment. She felt Seth’s eyes fall on her as she entered the room. “Hey, Seth. What’s my assignment?” “Here it is Missy.” Looking down at the assignment Annabelle asks, “When can I meet her?” “Today at lunch, so we have to change our plans.” Seth leaned against the wall. “Alright. I will see you later, Seth.” Annabelle looked Seth over. He was good looking, so why was she not as into him as the other girls? He had wavy blond hair, and tall and slender, great at sports, it showed. They have been best friends since first grade. Is that why she wasn’t throwing her self at him like the other girls? “When?” He asks interrupting her thoughts. “When what?” “When can I see you?” His deep voice washed over her and made her stomach do a back flip. “Umm, I… maybe… Umm... I mean… Uh...” She stutters. Why am I stuttering? I don’t like Seth, remember? Or do I? “How about Saturday? We can go to the movies then dinner maybe I’ll even treat you to ice-cream.” Seth offers. “Okay, why not?” “I’ll pick you up at 7, okay?” She nods then walks away quickly. I need to find Ashley, now. We need to talk about my feelings for Seth. SMACK! Annabelle falls to the side while another girl heads to the floor head first. “Hey, you okay?” Seth is quickly by her side picking her up in a quick Seth type move. “Yeah, thanks.” Her face turns red. What a way to start the new school year! “I think you knocked someone over.” Says a boy the lockers. Annabelle looks to the girl on the floor. The girl lifts her head and Annabelle sees she has a bloodily nose. “Oh man!” Annabelle ran to the girl and helped her up. “What’s your problem?” The girl asks picking up her books. “I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to. I wasn’t paying any-” “I could tell.” She snaps. “Hey, you need some help?” Seth asks the girl. “I got it.” She growls. “Let me help you to the nurse’s office.” He offers in the same deep tone he used on Annabelle. “Let me help you.” Annabelle offers again. “I can handle myself!” The girl barks. Annabelle and Seth take a step back. The girl stomps off to the nurse’s office. “What a way to make her feel welcome, Annabelle!” A boy laughs. “That was the new girl?” Annabelle asks Seth and he nods. “Great.” Annabelle mutters on her way to her next class.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This one was done by my wonderful friend Maddie.